The Republican Party has experienced a few vacancies where we can place a candidate on the ballot to run in the November 2, 2021 General Election. The offices available are as follows:
- Tax Collector, City of Scranton, four-year term;
- Tax Collector, Borough of Dalton, four-year term;
- Council Member, Borough of Dalton, two-year unexpired term;
- School Director, Dunmore School District, two-year unexpired term;
- Supervisor, Covington Township, two-year unexpired term;
- Auditor, Covington Township, four-year unexpired term.
Candidates interested in running in one of the above races should contact the Republican Party by emailing LackawannaGOP@gmail.com. Correspondence should include a letter (or email) of intent, a copy of their voter registration card, and any other items they wish to be considered (resume, curriculum vitae, etc.)
Candidates are for Tax Collector are required to also supply a copy of a background check which is available from the Pennsylvania State Police.
Responses are requested before September 8, 2021.